MyPreOp LA is one of six products in the Ultraprep suite, and is used in the preparation for a patient for an operation or procedure under local anaesthetic.
How it works
When the decision to treat is made, the patient is given a light blue MyPreOp LA patient card, detailing both their hospital’s contact information and concise instructions on how to create their account and access the assessment program.
After creating an Ultramed account using their date of birth and unique NHS number, patients are directed to the Ultraprep landing page and navigate to the MyPreOp LA program. Here, they complete a comprehensive assessment of their general health and medical history via a straightforward, user-friendly interface. Once the assessment is completed, the patient submits it digitally to the healthcare provider performing their operation as an automatically generated Clinical Summary, to be reviewed by a registered nurse or similarly qualified member of the preoperative assessment team.
Patients create an Ultramed account using their personal details and unique NHS number, then complete a comprehensive assessment via a user-friendly interface. Once patients have completed MyPreOp LA, they share their data with the healthcare provider performing the operation, generating a detailed digital output and a ‘Clinical Summary’ report. This information is then reviewed by a registered nurse or a qualified member from the preoperative assessment team.
- Ideal for cataract or other eye operations, hernia repair, the removal of ‘lumps and bumps’ and other dermatological procedures, biopsies and vasectomies.
- Patients can complete their assessment anytime and without a hospital appointment, meaning the clinical summary is generated as soon as the patient submits their information, ready for review by a nurse.
- By using MyPreOp LA and moving the preoperative assessment process to an online platform, preoperative assessment units can work more efficiently by focusing registered nurses time on clinical decision-making rather than data collection.
- MyPreOp LA allows rapid screening and assessment of low-risk patients, allowing resources to be focused on high-risk patients.
- MyPreOp LA allows for better planning and throughput of patient operations, improving and reducing the RTT (referral to treatment time) pathway especially if one-stop preop assessment is used.
- Our products are developed with both the clinicians and patients in mind; The latest version of MyPreOp includes the NICE Guidance from 2016 and automation of ICD10 Codes to optimise income.
MyPreOp LA is cloud-based, so is able to be fully integrated into existing IT systems without complex or time-consuming overhaul - hospitals and trusts only need to provide us with a valid email address for setup.
We also provide a kiosk service at an additional cost - to enquire, please contact email@example.com for more information.