MyPreOp Kids was developed specifically for the assessment of children before an operation or procedure; it is an intuitive preoperative assessment program that parents or older children complete remotely via computer, tablet or smart phone.
How does it work?
When the decision to treat is made, the patient or parent is given a turquoise MyPreOp Kids patient card detailing both their hospital’s contact information and concise instructions on how to create the child’s account and access the assessment program.
After creating an Ultramed account using the child’s date of birth and unique NHS number, parents are directed to the Ultraprep landing page and navigate to the MyPreOp Kids program. Here, they complete a comprehensive assessment of the child’s general health and medical history via a straightforward, user-friendly interface. Once the assessment is completed, the parent submits it digitally to the healthcare provider performing the child’s operation as an automatically generated Clinical Summary, to be reviewed by a registered nurse or similarly qualified member of the preoperative assessment team.
The clinical summary report automatically highlights any areas of concern, allowing the pre-emptive identification of any additional tests the child may need as well as flagging up those with complex co-morbidities who will need further face-to-face consultations with the nurse.
- The assessment can be completed from home and without a hospital appointment; ideal for parents of small children keen to avoid unnecessary trips to the hospital.
- Straightforward, user-friendly interface makes it easy for parents and even older children to navigate the assessment, answering questions about their health with no medical jargon or confusing language.
- MyPreOp Kids allows rapid screening and assessment of low-risk children, allowing paediatric resources to be focused on the children that need it the most.
- MyPreOp Kids allows for better planning and throughput of patient operations, improving and reducing the RTT (referral to treatment time) pathway especially if one-stop preop assessment is used.
- Our products are developed with both the clinicians and patients in mind; The latest version of MyPreOp Kids includes the NICE Guidance from 2016 and automation of ICD10 Codes to optimise income.
MyPreOp Kids is cloud-based, so is able to be fully integrated into existing IT systems without complex or time-consuming overhaul - hospitals and trusts only need to provide us with a valid email address for setup.
We also provide a kiosk service at an additional cost - to enquire, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.