MyPreOp is our flagship program, and the most popular product in the Ultraprep suite. It is used in the preparation of a patient for an operation where an Anaesthetist is going to be present.
How does it work?
When the decision to treat is made, the patient is given a MyPreOp patient card detailing both their hospital’s contact information and concise instructions on how to create their account and access the assessment program.
After creating an Ultramed account using their date of birth and unique NHS number, patients are directed to the Ultraprep landing page and navigate to the MyPreOp program. Here, they complete a comprehensive assessment of their general health and medical history via a straightforward, user-friendly interface. Once the MyPreOp assessment is completed, the patient submits it digitally to the healthcare provider performing their operation as an automatically generated Clinical Summary, to be reviewed by a registered nurse or similarly qualified member of the preoperative assessment team.
The clinical summary report automatically highlights any areas of concern, allowing the pre-emptive identification of any additional tests patients may need as well as flagging up those with complex co-morbidities who will need further face-to-face consultations with the nurse.
- Patients can complete their assessment anytime and without a hospital appointment, meaning the clinical summary is generated as soon as the patient submits their information, ready for review by a nurse.
- By using MyPreOp and moving the preoperative assessment process to an online platform, preoperative assessment units can work more efficiently by focusing registered nurse’s time on clinical decision-making rather than data collection.
- MyPreOp allows rapid screening and assessment of low-risk patients, allowing resources to be focused on high-risk patients.
- MyPreOp allows for better planning and throughput of patient operations, improving and reducing the RTT (referral to treatment time) pathway, especially if one-stop preop assessment is used.
- Our products are developed with both the clinicians and patients in mind; The latest version of MyPreOp includes the NICE Guidance from 2016 and automation of ICD10 Codes to optimise income.
MyPreOp is cloud-based, so is able to be fully integrated into existing IT systems without complex or time-consuming overhaul - hospitals and trusts only need to provide us with a valid email address for setup.
We also provide a kiosk service at an additional cost - to enquire, please contact email@example.com for more information.