MyCardio is one of the more specialist programs in the Ultraprep suite, and was developed specifically for the preparation of patients undergoing a variety of cardiac investigations. The procedures will usually be carried in in a cardiac catheter laboratory.
How it works
When the decision to treat is made, the patient or parent is given a red MyCardio patient card detailing both their hospital’s contact information and concise instructions on how to create their account and access the assessment program.
After creating an Ultramed account using their date of birth and unique NHS number, patients are directed to the Ultraprep landing page and navigate to the MyCardio program. Here, they complete a comprehensive assessment of their general health and medical history via a straightforward, user-friendly interface. Once the assessment is completed, the patient submits it digitally to the healthcare provider performing their procedure as an automatically generated Clinical Summary, to be reviewed by a registered nurse or similarly qualified member of the cath lab’s pre-procedure team.
- Ideal for the preparation of specialist procedures such as Cardiac Angiography, Cardioversion, Pacemaker change or insert, Electrical Studies, Stress Echoes and Transoesophageal Echo.
- The assessment can be completed from home and without a hospital appointment, allowing rapid screening of low-risk patients and more focus on high-risk patients. The Clinical Summary report is reviewed in the cardiac unit and any tests are organised if required; patients with complex co-morbidities can be quickly identified.
- Anticoagulation medicines can be safely and effectively managed, enabling efficient completion of therapeutic procedures and reducing the need for repeat appointments and on the day cancellations.
- MyCardio allows the accurate pre-procedure assessment of cardiac patients, decreasing the cancellation rate on the day of the procedure. This increases cath lab capacity, improving efficiency and saving money.
- MyCardio allows for better planning and throughput of patient operations, improving and reducing the RTT (referral to treatment time) pathway, especially if one-stop pre-procedure assessment is used.
- Our products are developed with both the clinicians and patients in mind; The latest version of MyCardio includes automation of ICD10 Codes to optimise income.
MyCardio is cloud-based, so is able to be fully integrated into existing IT systems without complex or time-consuming overhaul - hospitals and trusts only need to provide us with a valid email address for setup.
We also provide a kiosk service at an additional cost - to enquire, please contact email@example.com for more information.